Sunday 3 February 2008

Beat The Cold

Deryk D writing again today. I've been trying to get Loop our technical wizard to tell you something but as yet he's still one of the few who don't think this is right to talk to you gourts. Still, I can tell you how we stave off the cold such as we have experienced this week. It's a worry for us when the snow covers the ground evenly. It means that if we venture outside you may be able to trace our steps. Although we're now using your Internet for our own purposes we still cannot allow you into our world. If we do we will be lost. You'll want to exploit us like you do with so many other species. We've read the tales from the tribes in the deepest jungle and how their way of life is lost forever after contact with the gourts.
So, living underground in the marshes is not so hard. Some warmth comes from the earth itself and we can harness some of the trapped heat. I know you have systems now that do much the same by taking heat from the earth. We also use nature to provide us with constant free heat. It was devised by Loops grandfather many years ago. I was going to tell you about it now but I've been told that I must not.
I will try to talk Loop into writing here and perhaps he will explain. I can't see the harm in revealing how we remain cosy warm and dry by simply using what the earth gives us for free.
The snow did not last long so we were soon able to come to the surface for fresh food. That's another thing that I would like to tell you about when you return next time. Froodidoo.

No comments: